We’re one big family here at Heaton House Farm, and we couldn’t do what we do without the help and support of our wonderful team.
So we always like to make sure we celebrate all their efforts and recognise the hard work they do. That’s why we recently hung up our key cards, swapped our uniforms for something a lot more formal, and enjoyed the Heaton House Events Awards Night 2017!
Dress to Impress
The Heath Family had arranged a surprise evening for the team, and the only instructions we were given was “Dress to impress and be ready to be wined and dined!”
We each put on our finest outfits and arrived at the Oak Beamed Entrance Barn – just as your guests would if you were holding a wedding with us!
Suddenly there was lots of snapping, and we felt like celebrities being caught by the Paparazzi! Jonny Draper Photography and YSD Media were on hand to capture our outfits and arrivals as we walked through barn. We were like movie stars, ready for an evening of luxury. (Of course, we all looked amazing too!)
Delicious food, and wonderful décor
We were handed a drink to start the party, along with a lovely canapé from Vanilla in Allseasons, one of our event caterers. We always get to see the amazing food they create for our special couples for their Wedding Breakfast, but this time we’d be able to try it ourselves!
Two large tables filled the room, labelled King and Queen. Each had a beautifully unique design, and at the top of each was Mick and Margaret Heath.
It was amazing to sit at one of their creations, rather than just seeing them set-up for a wonderful wedding.
We’re Heaton House Events Staff… Get Us Outta Here!
After choosing a number from the hat at the door, we knew where each of us would be sitting. We sat down, ready to enjoy our delicious meal…. But the Heath’s had another surprise in mind!
Together with Adam from Vanilla in Allseasons, they’d planned a “Bush Tucker Trial” for us all!
We had to complete 3 eating challenges together: Sweetbread, Black Pudding and Sweet Corn.
Not one’s to be left out, the Heath’s then stepped forward to munch on crickets and locus… YUMMY!
Oscar awards for our amazing team
After we had finished our meal, we all moved to the ceremony area that had been set up in the other area of The Old Stableyard Restaurant. We gathered round in new seats, and waited to hear who would win the much-coveted Heaton House Farm Oscars!
One by one, the deserving winners collected their awards:
- Jon Harding – Excelling Star Award Constantly goes ‘Above and Beyond’
- Josie Winchcombe– Shining Star Award Providing consistently excellent service and delivers great results
- Sarah Mould– Shooting Star Award Developed personally to achieve more than required
- Louise Kimberley – Undiscovered Star Award Doesn’t get the credit they deserve
- Lydia Allcock – Student Star Award For being in part/full-time education
- Sam Taylor – Rising Star Award Most improved in the past 12 months
- Jake Nevill – Returning Star Award Returning Back to Heaton House Events in the last 12 months
- Olivia Hine– Supporting Star Award Providing support to all teams and management
- Steph Seymour– New Star Award Someone’s that joined within the past 12 months
- Jess Hulme – Twinkling Star Award For always having a big smile
- Brad Linney – Most Embarrassing Moment Doesn’t really need an explanation!
Could you win the Oscar next year?
It was lovely to have all of the team together for a night of laughter, fancy food and generally just spending time together. And of course, it’s wonderful to be recognised for the hard work we do, and to celebrate as one big family.
This is what makes us the award-winning team we are so proud to be!
We’re always on the look-out for new stars to join us – do you have what it takes to compete bush tucker trials and pick up an Oscar?
A huge thank you to Jonny Draper for capturing our wonderful evening!