Spectacular! Spectacular! Heaton House Farm was filled with life on Saturday 4th March as the Cancer Research UK Charity Ball 2017 was unveiled.
Each year ‘Biddulph Moor Friends of Cancer Research UK’ raise thousands of pounds through hosting an evening which welcomes over 300 guests to enjoy an evening of entertainment, delicious food and an auction to raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK such a worthy cause. This will be the 11th year that the event has taken place here and raised £247,638 and we were very excited when organiser, Janet Pickford, revealed this year’s theme, ‘One Night in Paris’.
Last year the ‘Carnival in Rio’ themed evening raised £19,684 and this year we are proud to announce the event has raised an amazing £19,228! Everyone at Heaton House Farm would like to send a huge congratulations to Janet and the team!
The evening began with guests enjoying a drink and canapés in our Oak Beamed Entrance Barn which had been turned into the Notre Dame de Paris with church bells filling the air. Guests arrived to mime artists, stilt walkers and all things Parisian!
Then guests wandered through the ‘Parisian Street’ where artists in all forms parade the streets; an accordion player, stilt walkers and mime artists. At the bottom of the street guests found the iconic Eiffel Tower shadowing over the city and the River Seine. Finally, for any of the guests with an artistic nature, found their spot either on the catwalk or viewing the Mona Lisa whilst capturing that all important souvenir, a picture from the evening.
It’s a little bit funny, the feeling inside Steeles Barn, it’s not one of those you can easily hide as guests entered the ‘Moulin Rouge’!
After a welcome speech and a short video from a representative, guests enjoyed a 3-course meal from Vanilla in Allseasons whilst being entertained by Can Can Dancers! The meal was followed by an auction featuring the following:
- Three course meal for 2 at Ego, Stockton Brook including a bottle of Prosecco on arrival
- John Belfield hair care hampe
- 4 x tickets to Alton Towers
- Three-course meal for 6 cooked in your own home by one of the chefs from our caterers, Vanilla in Allseasons
- Signed book ‘Walking the Americas’ by Levison Wood from the hit Channel 4 series.
- Signed football boots by Ryan Shawcross, Captain of Stoke City
- Glen Whelan Stoke City star – signed shirt
- Signed shirt by the Stoke City 2016/17 squad
- Gordon Banks signed and framed souvenir
- Andy Wilkinson, ex Stoke City star, signed print by Darren Smallwood, Biddulph
- 2 tickets to NFL game in Club Wembley 24 September, 2017 – Ravens v Jaguars.
- De-luxe hamper supplied by Morleys of Congleton
- Salvador Dali ceramic tile
- Box of Joules beer
- Jereboam of Champage
- ‘Behind the Roar’ – Jaguar factory tour for 2, Castle Bromwich + on road drive of F-type
- Teeth bleaching by Simon King Shelton Dental Centre (value approx £250)
- Record your own CD at Prism Recording studios in Hanley
- Strictly Come Dancing 2017 signed autograph tour programme
- Churchill China dinner service set for 6 places
- Lise Moorcroft – Pansies
- Lise Moorcroft – Puffin Billies
- Lise Moorcroft – Snowdrops
- ‘One night in Paris’ cake supplied by Sweet Fantasies from Baddeley Green, Stoke On Trent
Once all of the fundraising had been done, the show must go on as DJ Krissi B had everyone make their way to the floor to dance to the rhythm of the night! The evening was snapped by Chelsea Shoesmith who has really captured the true Parisian spirit that was felt on the evening.
What an incredible evening! We are already looking forward to seeing what next year’s event will reveal.
To see other events at Heaton House Farm click here.
What does 300 guests who have raised over £20,000 for Cancer Research UK look like…THIS!!!Yet another fantastic night on Saturday for Biddulph Moor Friends of Cancer Research UK, 300 guests enjoyed a trip around Paris and a french themed meal by Vanilla in Allseasons, finishing off with a completely full and bouncing dancefloor by KB – Wedding & Party DJ!WHAT. A. NIGHT!
Posted by Heaton House Farm Wedding Venue on Monday, March 6, 2017