It was another night of fun and festivities all around on Tuesday 13th March, as all the team at Heaton House Farm got together, off-shift, to celebrate recent achievements and to indulge in all the wonderful food, drink, decorations and partying that our couples enjoy!
A dazzling Old Stableyard
Venue Perfection had created a dazzling look in the room, dressing all the tables with stunning sparkly runners, adding shiny ribbons to the chair backs and beautiful tea lights throughout. It made the whole place glisten!
Enhancing the look even further, Whitehouse Crockery provided some beautiful crockery and cutlery.
Once we were all seated, it was time to be treated to a wonderful meal.
As usual, Vanilla in Allseasons had outdone themselves with a stunning 2-course menu for us all to enjoy. In fact, we were spoilt for choice with:
- British fish cake, confit of garlic and lemon aioli
- Pulled pork with a chilli barbecue sauce
- Potato skins, with chicken and BBQ sauce with Monterey Jack
- Tortillas with guacamole, sour cream & melted cheese
- Hand cured gravadlax
- Buffalo wings with a chilli sauce & blue cheese dressing
- Green Thai chicken curry with sticky rice
- Goats cheese bon-bon with a beetroot puree
Needless to say, we were all completely stuffed, but we did manage to make room for dessert. Carrot Cake, Eaton Mess or Chocolate Torte were all up for grabs, in these super cute garden pots that really stood out. They looked amazing. They tasted even better!
Recognising hard work and commitment
With our special meal all finished, we turned our attention to Mick, Margaret and Sarah, for the main purpose of the evening. (It’s not all just about laughter and indulgence you know!).
We were here to celebrate the work we’ve all done as a team to make Heaton House Farm such an incredible place for a wedding, and to recognise the dedication of some individual team members too.
Firstly, Mick did a lovely speech about one of our team who is currently undergoing cancer treatment, and raised a glass with well wishes for their speedy recovery and to show our love and support.
Then, we got stuck into our regular awards!
- Jane Grindey:picked up our Shooting Star award, recognising personal achievement
- Natasha Hamnett: was our New Star, joining the team within the last 12 months
- Kev Pease: is a Supporting Star, for providing overall support to all teams
- Ali Newton: was chosen as our Social Star, for promoting the company in as many places as possible, particularly on social media
- Laura Bounford:was a deserving winner for our Service Star award, having provided excellent customer service
- Joe Alcock: was our Returning Star, after re-joining the team in the last 12 months
- Saskia Weekes:was recognised as our Excelling Star, as she goes above and beyond on a regular basis
- Nicola Michael:is our latest Undiscovered Star, as she doesn’t get the recognition she deserves
- Nicola Absolom:got the Shining Star award, just for being consistently brilliant!
- Nicola was also chosen for the most embarrassing award too – you don’t want to know why!
As usual, it was a wonderful night all around, with fun and laughter, great food, and the chance to spend time together as a team.
We all know how important a good team is to the smooth running of Heaton House Farm, and it’s great to be recognised for the work we do. It makes all our jobs worthwhile, and we can’t wait for another fantastic year ahead, helping couples hold their dream wedding.
Would you like to work for us? Get in touch with your CV, and we’ll have a chat!