THE HISTORY OF OUR FARM
A HERITAGE OF FARMING, HELPING AND CELEBRATING
From when the farmhouse was first built above Rushton Spencer in 1824, to the sustainable future we’re working towards – Heaton House Farm is a place full of memories
We know that in 1851, Dr. Robin occupied Heaton House, working as a farmer as well as a consulting surgeon. Local legend has it that by the time villagers climbed the hill to see him about an ailment, they’d either be killed or cured given the strenuous walk! It’s quite possible he threw some parties – perhaps even a wedding celebration – on his land during his time here too. A few years later, our family acquired the farm and all its land.